funsec mailing list archives

Completely off-topic: Texas is just a little worried about Rita....

From: "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 01:20:49 GMT

Off-topic, I know, but:

We're more than just a little worried here in Texas...

Keep an eye on this link:

 http://www.goes.noaa.gov/GIFS/GULFIR.JPG

...and, of course, I'll be following Rita in my blog.

The Governor of Texas recalled all National Guard troops from
Louisiana today in preparation for Rita:

 http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/stories/2005/09/19/daily12.html

Since Texas has been a refuge for many Katrina victims, we're
watching this one very closely.  It would appear that it could
streangthen in the next couple of days to match the destructuve
power of Katrina.

Of course, Austin is far enough inland to escape any catastrophe,
but here in Texas, we worry about our coastline, and the nasty
habit of hurricanes spawning tornadoes.

Not to mention it would spoil the Austin City Limits music
festivak this weekdn (glad I didn't buy tickets!)...

Sorrt for the off-topic post, but I've see my share of Louisiana
license plates in the past few weeks, and I have seen the wrath
of these storms in people's eyes -- it's not fun.

Fingers crossed for everyone,

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net