funsec mailing list archives

Re: A bioterror attack in World of Warcraft.

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:49:14 -0700

For a description of this sort of thing, read _Kaleidoscope Century_, _Candle_, and _The Sky So Big and Black_ by John Barnes.

On Sep 21, 2005, at 8:37 AM, Blanchard_Michael () emc com wrote:

 ROFL :-)

Yikes! I never thought about that. Yikes again! Given the rate that viruses infect the average user, the world economy would screach to a halt as there would be a mass exodus out of office buildings, homes, etc with people with backpack's full of pamphlets to hand out to those few that are
lucky enough to not be infected.

The question now would be, if you touch or accept the pamphlet, are you
now infected and have to start handing out your own?

Yet another reason not to take those pamphlets from the guys on Vegas
Strip ;-)

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, MCSE, MCP+I
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580