funsec mailing list archives

Re: And the legal issues involved in this would be?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rslade () sprint ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:57:09 -0800

Date sent:              Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:08:32 -0700
From:                   Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,68881,00.html?tw=rss.TOP

I don't even get how that would work technically.  They are implying
that they are getting everything on the screen.

I wouldn't think they are getting everything from the screen.  It says, early
in the article, "monitors all communications," so I'm assuming that it's a
simple sniffing function.  (Of course, even *that* would involve a lot of
storage ...)
======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
This is not spam.           - the first sentence in most recent spam
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade