funsec mailing list archives

Re: Getting consumers' consent to sell cellphonetrackingdata

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:57:51 -0500

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:36:22 GMT, Paul Vixie said:
# They can? They can tell that it's me at the ATM and not the guy next to me?
# I didn't think location services were that precise.

they can tell that both of you were there.

And it doesn't take much to figure that if there's 2 guys at the ATM, the one
using the card is probably the owner of the card, and the other person should
be listed as an accomplice.

Accomplice to what, we don't know yet.  But as Padilla found it, it's becoming
fashionable to disappear a citizen without trial and invent charges 4 years later...