funsec mailing list archives

RE: Macrovision Shares Fall on RipGuard Review

From: "Henderson, Dennis K." <Dennis.Henderson () umb com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:57:42 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org
[mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org] On Behalf Of
Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:42 PM
To: dudevanwinkle () gmail com; Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: RE: [funsec] Macrovision Shares Fall on RipGuard Review

 yah, not my week I guess ;-)

  I guess the movie studios should lower the rent of the
reels to the theaters, but then the theaters would just keep
ticket prices the same and enjoy the extra profit...

In my brief career as a projectionist for A_C theaters in KC in the
early 80's it was clear that almost all movie theater profit for a
period of time was attained from concessions. The contracts varied.
Return of the Jedi was a contract that stated Fox got 100% of box for 5
weeks or something like that. It could be considered rent, but based on
the admisssion price.

Not sure how it works now..

I do long to the return of the 35 cent hot tamales that cost A_C 9
cents....

Drive-in theaters represent a lower value to the customer as there is no
5 channel dolby digital coming out of that bombproof speaker box and the
smell of gravel and the sound of mosquitos reduce the movie experience
to the point of giving a drive-in a better contract on movie display.