funsec mailing list archives

RE: Don't Call It Spyware

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:25:22 -0500

"Three years ago the company was considered a parasite and a scourge."

  And they still are in my book.... Claria is a filthy four letter word
...er 6 letter word <grin>)..... never to be trusted by yours truely....

  It's the whole "targetted ads" that bothers me... that meand they are
collecting information about me, in order to try and sell stuff to me...
What happened to ad-ware that mearly had a banner on the top of the GUI at
all times, some random banner for some random product/ site that might be
fitting for the type of software it's supporting...

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, MCSE, MCP+I
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580
Email:  Blanchard_Michael () EMC COM