funsec mailing list archives

RE: Google is Sorry

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:35:53 -0500

Heheh... Same thing happened over here one day.  It turned out it was due to
GoogleEarth running on a few machines over here, going out through the same
gateway NAT address.  Looks like GoogleEarth keeps making requests from the
server even if it's just sitting idle on a user's machine... Dunno if they
ever fixed that or not...

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, MCSE, MCP+I
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580
email:  Blanchard_Michael () EMC COM