funsec mailing list archives

Re: FW: The network traffic ticket.

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:36:18 -0500

http://cisx1.uma.maine.edu/ticket.gif

Very cute.  However, obviously done by a youngster: VAX was the
hardware--VMS was the OS.

Actually, it was I who wrote the copy for that ticket and I listed "VAX" as
one of the options because I figured there was more chance that readers
would "get it" that way. As I'm sure you know, it's a marketing document,
not a technical document, so I felt justified in taking liberties. ;) I originally
had TOPS-10 on there but some of my _staff_ didn't know what _that_ was.

But I assure you it was written by no youngster - I lived through the
ULTRIX versus VMS wars when I worked at Digital and still carry
the scars! ("But you should see the other guy!")

http://www.ranum.com/security/computer_security/marketing
has a higher-resolution version suitable for printing, along with some
of the other marketing gimmees I designed at NFR.

mjr.