funsec mailing list archives

Re: Hey old people

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:33:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Richard Cox wrote:

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:06:03 -0500
Sullo <sullo () cirt net> wrote:

I've had fun with this one as well. I was finally able to gain access
to two ACM publications that I thought would lead to more info, but
neither did.  For reference, they are:
1) "A problem-list of issues concerning computers and public policy,"
    Daniel D. McCracken, 1974
2) "A problem-list of public policy issues concerning computers and
    health care," Anthony I. Wasserman, 1975

Daniel D. McCracken ... now THERE's a name to twang the chords of memory.
He wrote some good stuff on Algol, and I remember one of his books was
my main University course book ... back in 1967!

A Guide to Fortran IV, that was my bible.