funsec mailing list archives

Re: Federal agents' visit was a hoax

From: Anthony Rodgers <Anthony_Rodgers () dnv org>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:58:36 -0800

Now we just have to decide if that is a commentary on the government's behavior, or those beliefs..... ;-)

On 29-Dec-05, at 3:47 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:23:21 PST, Anthony Rodgers said:
I think it's the reputations of the media agencies that ran with the
story that should suffer.....

.... assuming, of course, that they had any to start with....

The sad part is that the only reason the story had any legs at all because we
believed it to be plausible behavior on the government's part.