funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:45:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Gadi Evron wrote:

Why not? You got it via email spam, so did many others. Time is
critical, and you can help.

Because if I send malware to someone, it's my responsibility to satisfy
myself that doing so won't cause harm. I can't do that with an unvetted
list. So, I can't send it to an unvetted list.

The Bad Guy will get it in a day anyway, or maybe even already has it.

Or maybe he won't.

On the other hand the Good Guys have a problem in defense because they
didn't happen to get it via email yet.

Then they should get themselves onto a vetted distribution system. I can't
see a problem here.

How is you making it available, or SOMEONE ELSE for that matter, a Bad
Thing?

Because the Bad Guy who didn't get it anyway, now can get it.