funsec mailing list archives

Re: funsec is an OPEN list

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rslade () sprint ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:08:13 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:41:57 +0200
From:                   Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>

It seems like some of you did not read the welcome email, several emails
after it, the SHOUTING emails or the footer of every email message to
this list.

So, for those of you who missed it, this list is open and public even if
almost all my other lists are closed/vetted.

Gadi, Gadi, Gadi.  Stop messing with people's minds.

As anyone with a knowledge of the British educational system knows, a "public"
school is one that only the elite can get into.

And, as we all know from talking with computer vendors, an "open" architecture
is one that refuses to connect with any other manufacturer's products.

So, of course, "public and open" means that we are, here in funsec, completely cut
off from the rest of the world.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
Even if you do eventually confront an intruder, he will almost
invariably prove to be an unlikable 12-year-old twerp with no
life, a modem, and at least one parent who is a lawyer.
             - Elizabeth Kaufman/Andrew Newman, `Implementing IPsec'
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade