funsec mailing list archives

RE: Nordea Sweden shuts Internet banking due to targetedphishing

From: "Henderson, Dennis K." <Dennis.Henderson () umb com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:04:16 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org [mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org]
On Behalf Of Blue Boar
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:18 PM
To: Drsolly
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] Nordea Sweden shuts Internet banking due to
targetedphishing

Drsolly wrote:
I've always wondered about this one. If someone stopped me in the
street and offered me a chocolate bar in exchange for a password, they

would most certainly get a big smile, a dopey look, and a password,
and I'd stroll on, eating my chocolate bar and wondering at the
gullibility of market researchers.

Taking candy from strangers, Solly?

A number of years ago when I worked at SecurityFocus, there was a box
of chocolate in the break room.  Everyone eating >it, of course.  I
asked who brought it, and was told it just came in the mail, we don't
know from whom.  Shakes head.  I >don't think I had any until the next
day when everyone was still healthy.

Good thing it didn't have ricin in it... You wouldn't know for several
days.....

Or so I've heard....

Somewhere...