funsec mailing list archives

RE: Russinovich: Inside the WMF 'Backdoor'

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:56:31 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:58:23 -0500
From:                   "Blanchard, Michael \(InfoSec\)" <Blanchard_Michael () emc com>

  If I were to intentionally code something in, that is suppose to be *very*
  covert, I would discretely code in that backdoor so it would look 100% like an
  error or "flaw".

The total lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who
can't talk for people who can't read.                  - Frank Zappa
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade