funsec mailing list archives

Re: Google said no; Yahoo, AOL, MSN yes ... ^_^

From: Xyberpix <xyberpix () xyberpix com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:15:23 +0000

hehe, I'd pay to have Basingstoke invaded, but so long as I can get out of here
first, or so long as it's done after working hours ;-)

Who else on here is in or near Basingstoke, if you don't want to admit it on
here, I understand ;-)
Mail me off list, maybe we can get together for drinks during lunch or something?

xyberpix

On Fri Jan 20  1:39 , Peter Evans <peter () ixp jp> sent:

Drsolly (drsollyp () drsolly com) wrote:
Fergie wrote:
Americans, your rights are under seige by the religious right,
We've had this before. So, get back on the Mayflower and colonise Plymouth.

      No!

      Basingstoke on the other hand, we'd probably pay you to invade.

And now, 5 minute theater presents:

(Scene: The lounge at Number 10, Uppinganddowning Street. In the room is a well
dressed
man, some furniture, the heads of four brightly coloured aliens are mounted,
trophy style
on the wall.)

PM: Ah, yes, those were the days, I should never have allowed the lords to
outlaw hunting
      of annoying childrens' television characters.

(Enter the worried aide, through a window, somewhat preciptiously. Standing up
he brushes
off the broken glass and confetti.)

Worried Aide: THE AMERICANS ARE INVADIFYING BASINGSTOKE AND MY CAPSLOCK KEY IS
STUCK!

PM: Basingstoke? Who on their right mind would invade Basingstoke?

Worried Aide: AMERICANS! Oh, that worked, stupid sticky CaPSLOCK!

PM: Well, I guess that explains the "right mind" bit, only Americans and members
of the
      Cambridge footlights would invade Basingstoke.

Worried Aide: BUT WHat do we do about it?

PM: Will allowing them to keep it affect my chances of re-election adversely?

Worried Aide: No sir, it is BASINgstoke after all.

PM: Do we know what their hidden agenda is, those wiley Americans always have a
hidden
      agenda.

Worried Aide: It's hidden, of course we don't know what it is. Perhaps it's oil,
they
      like invading countries for oil. Maybe it's wal-mart?

PM: Cease your needless speculating little man with the broken capslock. Summon
the cabinet!

Worried Aide: The cabinet is right over there sir.

PM: I'll have a G&T. What about you, little man.

Worried Aide: I think I will have a SMALL BEER, ARG! CAN I HAVE A NEW KEYbored?

PM: Beer? Americans? I know why they are invading ~