funsec mailing list archives

Re: Ideas for an iPod shuffle??

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:06:54 -0000

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:36:10 -0000, Xyberpix <xyberpix () xyberpix com> wrote:
- Plug iPod shuffle into a PC
- The iPod should then automatically copy everything from say "My Documents" or any other specified folder to itself. This should happen in the background, no
hints that it's going on.
- That's it.

I've often thought of doing a similar device to automatically rip interesting stuff off of Windows, we all know what sort of things sit in the registry (credentials, histories etc).

So a slight modification to above - the device, whilst also copying "my documents" scans the registry/hive/cookies for credentials to pull off and crack later.

Annoy all those people (can you say Firefox) that think cleartext passwords are safe on a local PC.

dave