funsec mailing list archives

Re: Blackworm: those who forget the past...

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:10:43 +0000 (GMT)

Date sent:            Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:09:37 -0500
From:                 TheGesus <thegesus () gmail com>

At the time, I was surrounded by Macs at work, and at home I ran a
BBS.

I recall, slightly before that time, that there were relatively few Mac viruses in
comparison to those on DOS--but Mac environments had infection rates that we,
in the DOS world, never thought possible ...

I recall, back then, thinking that this might have to do with the fact
that macs had a lot of auto-execute stuff, whereas Dos didn't. Windows, of
course, has rectified this security flaw imbalance.