funsec mailing list archives

Re: Black Worm Report from Pune, India

From: Mike Johnson <mike () enoch org>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:51:27 -0500

Alex Shipp (elist) wrote:
For some reason India seems to be the biggest hit. I have no idea
why. Top 10 countries:

My wild-ass theory is that the thing started in India, and the AVs released updates before the rest of the world was waking up. I know our most infected locations are/were in India, which is also where we first saw infections.

Again, wild-ass guess, and perhaps too obvious to be true.

Side question: this thing has no problems running under Win9x, right?

Mike