funsec mailing list archives

Here's how to pay your income taxes.... (fwd)

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 00:26:02 +0000 (GMT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:11:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Here's how to pay your income taxes....

Dear IRS:

  Enclosed is my Form 1040, together with payment-in-full of taxes due.
  Please refer to the attached article from "USA Today" archives. In
  the article, you will note that the Pentagon paid $171.50 each for
  hammers and NASA paid $600.00 each for toilet seats.

  Enclosed with this package please find four toilet seats (value
  $2,400.00) and six hammers (value $1,029.00). These are in payment of
  my total tax due of $3,429.00.

  Out of a sense of patriotic duty and to assist in the political
  purification of our government, I am also enclosing a 1-1/2 inch
  Phillips head screw, for which HUD duly recorded & approved a purchase
  value of $2,200.00. Please enter this as my contribution to the
  Presidential Election Fund option.

  It has been a pleasure to pay my taxes this year, and I look forward
  to paying them again next year in accordance with
  officially-established government values.

  Sincerely,
  Another satisfied American taxpayer