funsec mailing list archives

RE: Other aspects of goodmail

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 07:03:01 -0500

The qualifications are at
http://www.goodmailsystems.com/senders/qualifications.php. Here's a quote of
some of the requiements:

    *  have at least 1 year of business history, as verified by a commercial
identity verification service
    * have business headquarters located in the United States or Canada
    * transmit messages from dedicated IP addresses, even if sending email
through an email service provider (ESP), and must have at least a 6 month
mailing history from that IP
    * have a sending history which indicates that the complaint rates
associated with their IP addresses are among the lowest of senders
transmitting to Goodmail's ISP partners
    * be able to comply with Goodmail's Acceptable Use and Security Policy
and agree to the Token Purchase Agreement

I also remember reading that they have some sort of deal for non-profits; I
think I specifically read about the Red Cross.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.ziffdavis.com/seltzer