funsec mailing list archives

RE: mal blogs use, take #2

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:54:37 -0600

It isn't going to stop for a long time I don't think XSS is everywhere
as you know...and these sites have almost no reason to "secure up".
These blogs and profile sites just want people to click on ads. Nothing
more..that is there money. They don't mind closing the site for hours at
a time...which Myspace does all the time.

You get a free profile, get to keep in touch with friends and we use you
to make money...I suggested SSL login to Myspace and I never heard
anything back. No surprise. They could just use a pre-sign cert..lol