funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canada is more smarter than US

From: Ron <iago () valhallalegends com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:32:19 -0600

Canadian University Bans Wireless Networking, Citing Health Concerns

Correct me if I'm wrong (or if I'm pointing out the obvious), but aren't the 2.4ghz bands also used by like, everything? For example, Cordless phones, cellular phones, microwaves, toasters, and orbital mind control lasers?

I dug up another source, I think this is the same story?
http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=38093&PageMem=1

According to this story,
[snip]
president Fred Gilbert won’t allow it until he’s satisfied EMF (electric and magnetic fields) exposure doesn’t pose a health risk, particularly to young people.
[/snip]

Hopefully he can make up his mind on this before he dies of lung cancer from living in Toronto. Being a young person, I can respect him wanting to save my rain. Of course, if my professors start dropping dead from brain poisoning, I guess my life will go on.

Ron