funsec mailing list archives

Re: Spam cube

From: Predrag Ivanovic <predivan () ptt yu>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 14:49:41 +0100

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:41:21 +0000 (GMT)
Drsolly wrote:

<spam cube>
Does it go after my router and before my firewall, or after the firewall
and before the big switching hub, or do I put it before (or after?) my
email server?

Check the site for details[1](requires Flash for demos,though).
Suggested configuration is "plug your modem and router into it",no mention of
firewall,hub etc.But,since it deals with mail viruses/phishing/spam,I think it should go
before mail server(that's an uneducated guess <g>).
Tech specs are interesting[2]:
protects up to 4 computers,comes in 5 colors(pink and yellow are..nice...),
uses 'patent pending technology' and so on.
What do you think about their choice for AV(Norton/McAfee)?
How good are they compared to NOD32,AVG etc?
I don't use Windows anymore,but my friends do,and common AV of choice
is either AVG or Kaspersky(Norton is a hog and a bitch to uninstall,or so I've heard).
Is there any good (preferably non-biased) comparison of AV programs on
the Net?And how exactly *do* you compare them?Number of signatures,speed,percent
of viruses discovered/removed?
I know this is off topic,but funsec seems like a good place to ask this.
If it's not,I apologize.

[1]http://www.spamcube.com/
[2]http://www.spamcube.com/techspecs/

Bye.
Pedja
--
 It does a decent job emulating Microsoft Office.
 My copy stopped working and needs to be reinstalled.