funsec mailing list archives

Re: Who needs terrorists? We can cause terror all byourselves ...

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:53:59 GMT

Hey, who needs conspiracy theories?  :-)

This epiphany comes to us via today's New York Times.

[snip]

Bush Was Set on Path to War, Memo by British Adviser Says

In the weeks before the United States-led invasion of Iraq, as the United States and Britain pressed for a second
United Nations resolution condemning Iraq, President Bush's public ultimatum to Saddam Hussein was blunt: Disarm or
face war.

But behind closed doors, the president was certain that war was inevitable. During a private two-hour meeting in the
Oval Office on Jan. 31, 2003, he made clear to Prime Minister Tony Blair of Britain that he was determined to invade
Iraq without the second resolution, or even if international arms inspectors failed to find unconventional weapons,
said a confidential memo about the meeting written by Mr. Blair's top foreign policy adviser and reviewed by The New
York Times.

[snip]

More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/27/international/europe/27memo.html

Go figure. :-)

- ferg

-- Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

I would, and in fact that's a much better question - "Are we fighting
about
WMD or OIL"?

But it's unclear who in the US would have standing to ask that question
under your "If you aren't the one who..." guidelines.  So tell me -
who
*is* allowed to ask that question?

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net