funsec mailing list archives

Re: Who needs terrorists? We can cause terror allbyourselves...

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:35:49 -0600

On 3/27/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:08:32 CST, Brian Loe said:
On 3/27/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
FDR and the Congress were able to summon the cojones and pass an actual
declaration of war.  And the country rallied.  We only lost 2,390.

SAY WHAT? What war are you talking about?! 2390?!?!?! Men?!??! Or Nurses??!?!

Sure you didn't get numbers for a BATTLE? Perhaps ONE island in the
South Pacific?!?!

Unless you have sources that say the toll at Pearl Harbor on Dec 7, 1941,
which led to the declaration of war on Dec 8, had some toll other than 2,390?

Sorry, you're right, I completely misread what you had written.

If 2,390 was enough to declare war, why wasn't 3,000+ on 9/11?

That's a good question, why not ask your elected officials? My guess
is that it simply wasn't necessary so why bother?