funsec mailing list archives

Re: Who needs terrorists? We can cause terror all byourselves...

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:32:01 -0600

On 3/27/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
If you are asserting that only the relatives of the people killed in 9/11
and the soldiers who fought in Gulf War I and II are allowed to have an
opinion regarding the government's motivations in waging those wars, I
beg to *strongly* differ with you.

Was there any doubt you would?

One doesn't need to have personally lost a loved on in the war to ask why
we're over there without a formal declaration of war.

Firstly, do you then admit that the attacks of 9/11 were acts of war?

When was the last formal declaration of war made? Has there been a
"war" since but previous to these? Was there a conspiracy involved
then too?

For that matter, isn't there a 50 year old executive order providing
"emergency powers" to be used by the president for such things?

One doesn't need to have personally been shot at to ask why enough body armor
wasn't made available when this war was planned.

One doesn't have to be all that smart to answer the question for
themselves either - unless one wishes to make political hay out of the
asking of the question, or are just reading from the "talking points"
of those who do.

One doesn't need to be an actual employee of the NSA or CIA to ask questions
about the WMD intelligence and how it was interpreted.

What questions would you like to ask exactly? Why one of Saddam's
cabinet members thought Iraq had WMDs and were hiding them but might
still use them as well? Why Saddam was telling his leadership - to
include generals and political officers - that, in fact, Iraq did have
WMDs? Why we would rely on intelligence from our trusted allies,
England?

Perhaps you'd do better and ask if WMDs were the only requirement we
had for going to war - as opposed to the only point of contention the
politicians can come up with....

And there is most certainly *no* contradiction in praising the valor of the
grunts patrolling the streets and getting shot at, and putting themselves in
harm's way, and at the same time have deep doubts regarding those that are
making the high-level decisions.

None of this addresses what I was talking about, however, since I was
referring SPECIFICALLY to accusations about 9/11 being some kind of
conspiracy OTHER THAN the conspiracy among arab/muslim radicals who
actually perpetrated the attacks. The idea of which is just plane
STUPID and RIDICULOUS and, frankly, DISGUSTING. Anyone who thinks its
seriously possibly should chain themselves to some kind of heavy
machinery and Michael More and then drive the piece of machinery into
the ocean - saving us all the humiliation of having to admit that we
protect your right to be THAT stupid.

There is MUCH more evidence that the bombing of the Murrah Building
was a government conspiracy...but wait, those were democrats then so
they're couldn't be that evil...