funsec mailing list archives

Re: iTunes: Apple's New Spyware and Adware Application?

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:03:04 -0500 (EST)

[...] ([...] I think I'm the only person in the universe who doesn't
like the OS X GUI and derivatives!)

No, you're not.  I don't like it either, any more than I like anything
that is stuck in reverse video.  (I once had someone's OSX laptop on
loan for a while.  I spent hours searching for a way to get it out of
reverse video.  The closest I found corrupted all colours other than
black and white - it basically turned the whole screen into its
photographic negative.)

I also don't like anything that makes me bounce back and forth between
keyboard and pointing device (mouse, trackball, touchpad, etc).  Use
one, or use the other, but making me shift between them frequently is a
sure way to not only kill my productivity but vex me greatly.

And that's quite aside from my philosophical dislike for anything
closed-source, including Aqua.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca