funsec mailing list archives

[Politech] Request for help with survey on vulnerability disclosure

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:48:49 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:42:13 -0800
From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
To: politech () politechbot com
Subject: [Politech] Request for help with survey on vulnerability
disclosure

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Survey on Vulnerability Disclosure: Request for Participation
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:14:11 -0500
From: Richard Forno <rforno () infowarrior org>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>

Declan --- Happy New Year! Would you be willing to pass this RFI onto
POLITECH?

- snip -

As part of my doctoral studies, I am seeking community input regarding
how secrecy and openness can be balanced in the analysis and alerting
of security vulnerabilities to protect critical national
infrastructures. To answer this question, my thesis is investigating:

1.    How vulnerabilities are analyzed, understood and managed
throughout the vulnerability lifecycle process.

2.    The ways that the critical infrastructure security community
interact to exchange security-related information and the outcome of
such interactions to date.

3.    The nature of and influences upon collaboration and
information-sharing within the critical infrastructure protection
community, particularly those handling internet security concerns.

4.    The relationship between secrecy and openness in providing and
exchanging security-related information.

The survey is located at http://www.infowarrior.org/survey.html and
should take 10-15 minutes to complete. Participation is both voluntary
and anonymous. Thank you for your help with this endeavor, and for
helping distribute this request for participation to other interested
parties/lists.

The survey will be online through early March.

Thanks again,

Rick
-infowarrior.org

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin