funsec mailing list archives

RE: Chocolate for Geeks

From: Josh Daymont <jdaymont () secureworks net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:19:19 -0500

Asahi is the best Japanese beer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Towles [mailto:toddtowles () brookshires com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:03 PM
To: Peter Evans; funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: RE: [funsec] Chocolate for Geeks

Peter wrote:
one in SF was
good, something like Ghidoradelli (??).

http://www.ghirardelli.com/

Now I live in Japan, where everything is expensive!

True but you have good beer and cool gameshows. Kirin is good...but it
isn't the most popular in Japan I hear.

Well, you might hate me for this, but over here, we have Aromamo
which is basically finely ground coffee wrapped in
chocolate. There
is a possibility that it is the other way round. It is
very smooth and strong enough to give one a buzz! 120y/bar.

I am fully aware of the coffee fix. I was the manager of an Italian
coffeeshop in my pre-IT life, then I worked for a coffee roaster has a
cupper/IT person/warehouse person. lol

About oh, 15 years ago now, I commissioned a cocoa
refinery and the
SCADA system to run it in York.[1] After a few ...
accidents and explosions,
we had a small jar of 100% cocoa.  It is like eating
coal. I could still
taste it an hour later in the canteen.

Reminds me of that one time that I was a official CASA Chili judge for
the final table...wow..too much chili.

Why do people in Europe like instant coffee so much? I understand that
some of the instant is high-quailty coffee..but come on. French press it
man...

-Todd