funsec mailing list archives

Re: Japanese Beer [Was: RE: Chocolate for Geeks]

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:26:04 +1300

David Lodge wrote:

I don't know - a lot of the German dark beers can't be called lagers; but
they're very nice...

Hmmmmm -- DoppelBok...

Still to find a country outside of the UK that can do a *decent* real ale
or bitter though...

I'm not entirely sure that there aren't any outside the UK, _BUT_ the
issue is, I think, that they don't taste right if chilled and most (?)
of the rest of the world prefers its beer chilled (of course, in Oz
they take it to the extreme and serve it so cold you can hardly taste
it...).

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald