funsec mailing list archives

Re: Anyone go to ShmooCon?

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:48:35 -0800

Yes, ShmooCon was good.

While I understood what Simple Nomand meant when he said this during his preso, it was a particularly inept phrase to use, because of the sensationalism and fear it will cause amongst uneducated users.

He started out the talk noting how this was a lame kind of thing, and that Microsoft are fixing it in an upcoming patch. It is a common phenomenon, however.