funsec mailing list archives

Re: Anyone go to ShmooCon?

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:42:36 -0800

When he said it, I thought to myself, "Oh, boy - this'll probably get picked up and distorted as being some kind of 'WiFi virus', heh." But I certainly agree with you that there was no sensationalism involved, he was just trying to describe the observed behavior.

Brian Krebs, an excellent reporter, did a very good job of explaining the actual Windows problem. Hopefully, his reportage will become the canonical press reference and we won't end up with 'WiFi virus' hysteria.