funsec mailing list archives

Under Attack, Spammer Begs For Mercy

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:06:04 GMT

Brian McWilliams writes on the Spam Kings blog:

[snip]

A follow up to my recent post about a controversial campaign to pollute a mortgage spammer's sites with bogus orders:

Darren Brothers reports that Alex Polyakov, the target of his Kick a Spammer in the Nuts Daily retaliatory campaign,
has cried uncle.

Brothers says he got a call early this morning from Polyakov.

[...] an excited Polyakov complains that Brothers' "Refi Retaliator" program is "killing my business."

"How much money do I have to pay you? Surely we can work out something together!" says Polyakov.

[snip]

More here, including a couple of audio recordings of the phone
conversation(s):
http://spamkings.oreilly.com/archives/2006/01/under_attack_spammer_begs_for_1.html

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net