funsec mailing list archives

Re: Under Attack, Spammer Begs For Mercy

From: Larry/Spamhaus <lr () spamhaus org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:38:01 +0000

At 05:06 PM 1/17/06 +0000, Fergie wrote:
Brian McWilliams writes on the Spam Kings blog:

[snip]

A follow up to my recent post about a controversial campaign to pollute a mortgage spammer's sites with bogus orders:

Darren Brothers reports that Alex Polyakov, the target of his Kick a Spammer in the Nuts Daily retaliatory campaign, has cried uncle.

Brothers says he got a call early this morning from Polyakov.

[...] an excited Polyakov complains that Brothers' "Refi Retaliator" program is "killing my business."

"How much money do I have to pay you? Surely we can work out something together!" says Polyakov.

[snip]

More here, including a couple of audio recordings of the phone
conversation(s):
http://spamkings.oreilly.com/archives/2006/01/under_attack_spammer_begs_for_1.html

- ferg

Fighting abuse with abuse is wrong...

...but how any anything wrong sound so right!? ;-)

Nice to hear a Russian ROKSO spambag squeal.

Cheers,

Larry @ Spamhaus