funsec mailing list archives

RE: Webroot Uncovers Thousands of Stolen Identities

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 01:00:16 GMT

I agree with you (or at least, I am definately skeptical of
the numbers for sure).

But there sure ares a lot of people being fleeced. :-/

- ferg

p.s. I had a rather lengthy response all ready to send, but trimmed
it down considerably. :-)

-- Alex Eckelberry <AlexE () sunbelt-software com> wrote:

I see crap all day, like the rest of you, and I just don't see the
numbers being that astronomical.  There's plenty of machines infected,
plenty of zombies, botnets, etc. but is it really higher than even 5% of
the total computing population?  I mean, that's a HUGE friggin number.

Alex