funsec mailing list archives

US-VISIT: We May Get Worms, But Our PR is Stellar!

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 19:55:48 GMT

27B Strike 6 zings the US-VISIT again.

[snip]

Homeland Security employees are likely tasking themselves with action items following Kevin's piece on his Freedom of
Information Act battle that led to the revelation that the Zotob worm took down the nation's system for registering and
identifying visitors to the country, a system known as US-VISIT.

At least, one should hope they are, given that the Department of Homeland Security is paying PR giant Fleishman Hillard
some $13 million a year to scan the news for coverage of US-VISIT, ghost-write editorials, and educate Americans and
foreigners about the benefits of the program.

[snip]

More here:
http://blog.wired.com/27BStroke6/index.blog?entry_id=1477236

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net