funsec mailing list archives

Re: Shocker: Bush Defends Spying After NSA Database Report

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 18:33:02 GMT

Good try. ;-)

More on the illegal traffic analysis/wiretapping issues.

Ryan Singel has an excellent analysis of Bush's speech
today in which he responded (or not) to the NSA charges
over on 27B Stroke 6:

 http://blog.wired.com/27BStroke6/index.blog?entry_id=1477982

I highly suggest people read this and absorb the _facts_.

Also, one quote of note by Patrick Leahy earlier today:

[snip]

Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont, the ranking Democrat on the
Senate Judiciary Committee, sounded incredulous about the
report and railed against what he called a lack of congressional
oversight. He argued that the media was doing the job of Congress.

“Are you telling me that tens of millions of Americans are
involved with al-Qaida?” Leahy asked. “These are tens of
millions of Americans who are not suspected of anything.

"... Where does it stop?”

The Democrat, who at one point held up a copy of the newspaper,
added: “Shame on us for being so far behind and being so willing
to rubber stamp anything this administration does. We ought to
fold our tents.”

[snip]

Hear, hear.

- ferg

-- "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

[snip]

You sure you can go from voting for GWB to Voting for Hillary Clinton?
Thats a big step Ferg! What would you do if it was McCain vs Clinton?
Do we think the evil would end with a "real" republican?

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net