funsec mailing list archives

Re: Shocker: Bush Defends Spying After NSA Database Report

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:29:09 -0500

On 5/11/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
You miss the point.

Wholesale trolling of this sort is specifically _illegal_.

Where is it made illegal?

You're seriously not trying to argue that there's no problem
with this sort of lying and specific side-stepping of U.S. law,
are you?

My personal thoughts on the subject is, "duh". I'm sure they've been
doing this, or things a lot like it, for a very long time. I'm willing
to bet MANY countries are doing it (to include the UK, Australia,
Russia, Germany, France... you name it). Because everyone believes its
better to be safe than free, they get away with it. Why haven't you
heard about it? The US holds the freedom of the press pretty dear. The
US is, PUBLICLY (though I contend it's a loud minority), harshly
divided. Other reasons I'm sure.

As for voting them out, good for you - who will you be voting for?