funsec mailing list archives

Re: Feds Want Hacker's Genetic Code

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:31:28 -0400

On 5/10/06, Ken Dyke <kdyke () keycomputerconsultants com> wrote:
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 05:35:20PM -0800, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah (rMslade () shaw ca) wrote:
> From:                 "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
> Date sent:            Thu, 11 May 2006 00:15:25 GMT
>
> > I'm not sure how I feel about this, really -- sure, he should
> > serve some time for his crime, but I'm a little hesitant to endorse
> > a DNA database for hackers. Violent offenders, yes. But.. Hackers?

The "authorities" make no distinction between violent or otherwise when
it come to DNA samples.  All "offenders" give them up.  What is
suprising is that they allowed him the opprotunity to refuse.

I have no doubt that they will get his DNA, even in cases where the
person is not a criminal, they just follow you around, picking up
ciggarette butts, old gum, etc, until they get a free sample.

-JP<who would give up his DNA R. Kelly style>