funsec mailing list archives

Re: Feds Want Hacker's Genetic Code

From: Ken Dyke <kdyke () keycomputerconsultants com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 21:18:13 -0600

From:                 "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date sent:            Thu, 11 May 2006 00:15:25 GMT

I'm not sure how I feel about this, really -- sure, he should
serve some time for his crime, but I'm a little hesitant to endorse
a DNA database for hackers. Violent offenders, yes. But.. Hackers?

The "authorities" make no distinction between violent or otherwise when
it come to DNA samples.  All "offenders" give them up.  What is
suprising is that they allowed him the opprotunity to refuse.
--
Ken Dyke,
406.581.0495

I was using Free Open Source Software (FOSS) in 1969, but we did not call it
that at the time. We called it "software".
        -- Jon "Maddog" Hall