funsec mailing list archives

Re: Feds Want Hacker's Genetic Code

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 17:35:20 -0800

From:                   "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date sent:              Thu, 11 May 2006 00:15:25 GMT

I'm not sure how I feel about this, really -- sure, he should
serve some time for his crime, but I'm a little hesitant to endorse
a DNA database for hackers. Violent offenders, yes. But.. Hackers?

Well, obviously it would help the authorities immensely in investigating this type
of crime.  In future, whenever a network intrusion is detected, the authorities will
be able to check his DNA against any that was left on the ... in the ... well, darn,
I'm *sure* I heard Bill Gates talking about "digital DNA" recently ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
To do each day two things one dislikes is a precept I have
followed scrupulously: every day I have got up and have gone to
bed.                                           - W. Somerset Maugham
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm