funsec mailing list archives

Re: Hazard a Guess: Fortune 500 or al-Qaeda?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:15:41 -0800

Date sent:              Fri, 12 May 2006 13:35:23 -0400
From:                   "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/002402.html

p.s. I'll bet the Fortune 500 is the one on the left (in the image).

The one on the left is too interconnected to be a group of cells. The
one on the right has nodes with only one link. That would make me
guess the same Fortune 500 on the left, AlQ on the right.

In general, I'd go with ferg and Dude: the crumpled and inefficient structure on the
left is the corp (with political games and the grabbing of "direct reports" going
on), and terrorists (paranoid about the links to each other) on the right.

However, presumably this is a *known* al-Qaeda group, and therefore one which
is not particularly good at "celling" itself?  So the data may be a bit skewed ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
                                                  - Jules de Gautier
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm