funsec mailing list archives

RE: Database design.

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:07:23 -0400

 nah, you'll want to store that data on EMC hardware, I'd say a Symetrix
system would be adequate, something like 30Tb of usable, redundant, never
loose a byte guarantee 100% uptime (I think we still have that), can
withstand a 8.5 level earthquake, blah, blah blah... More great stuff about
the Symmetrix...blah blah  Pricetag something near 4Million for a fully
loaded unit, heck I'm sure Her Majesty will get a much better deal than list
price though!

  Ok, even with EMC's finest storage system, hell buy two of them, and a
small army to import all the existing records, $40 billion is HELLA huge of
an amount....  $40 Million maybe, but $40 BILLION!!  Yikes!

Ok, I'll do it 500Million bucks, Hardware and data entry included, but the
British docs are on their own to maintain the system......

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580