funsec mailing list archives

Re: Database design.

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 14:30:44 -0400

On 6/6/06, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:
 hey hey hey... Lets keep the profanity down here...  NetApp is a 4 letter
word :-)

lol

Yah, We probably have upwards of 100Tb by now as well I sure of that.  We
have a far better storage system, but could never really come close to their
prices....  I don't think they ever had a 100% guaranteed uptime contract,
we do/did, and offered $1million USD if there was ever any downtime or data
loss... Sumthin like that

I have always been able to get vendors to reduce their prices
drastically with the "but your competitor does this" angle, guess that
wont work anymore.

Sure you wont drop your price to 250 mil? :-)

  Keep in mind I'm pretty far removed from the product side of things here,
I'm an Engineer not a salesman :-)

 ok, I guess I have to throw in a disclaimer here too that the thoughts
expressed in this message are from me and me alone and I'm not speaking for
the company or anything that is mentioned in this message should not be
taken as actual fact.....  It is only as I remember things, which is
probably wrong,  you're pretty well off just to disregard this message
completely.....

I know, Just pulling yer leg Mike... Yankin yer chain, etc

its all in FUN(sec)

-JP<;-)>
The thoughts expressed in this message are taken directly from
your mind and should be taken as actual proof of the complete
failure of your tin foil hat protective wear. You can try to disregard
this message, but you will fail as I am simultaneously broadcasting it
on the same frequency that your dental fillings are constructed to
receive