funsec mailing list archives

Re: For S**ts and Giggles

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 01:20:13 -0400 (EDT)

: I was sitting around contemplating the massive amount of people who's
: SSNs and CC#s were compromised. I am wondering if we will ever meet
: critical mass, where the number of SSNs stolen equals the number of
: people in america.
:
: If you want to help with this, forward me the articles you come across
: that mention data breaches and the number of employees affected. I will
: build a website with the totals, as well as each company responsible for
: the loss (anyone wanna take a stab at who will be #1 lol)
:
: I will post the URL when the site is assembled (probably @
: http://angrycyb.org though)

http://attrition.org/dataloss

Already done. Statistics, downloadable flat database and more coming very
soon (it's all done, just needs to be prettied up and published).