funsec mailing list archives

Re: For S**ts and Giggles

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 02:29:32 -0400 (EDT)

: > Already done. Statistics, downloadable flat database and more coming very
: > soon (it's all done, just needs to be prettied up and published).
:
: Whoops, guess that site wont be coming up then, as I am both a person
: who doesnt like duplication of services/efforts and a slacker :-)
:
: Thanks for the link SC, I will be sure to forward on any incidents I
: hear of if you are interested in recieving them.

Absolutely. We also run a low volume mail list that may be of interest
to folks:

http://attrition.org/security/dataloss.html

Data Loss Mail List

To subscribe to Data Loss, send a mail to dataloss-subscribe () attrition org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a mail to
dataloss-unsubscribe () attrition org

In what has become a near weekly occurance, large companies are collecting
your personal information (sometimes without your knowledge or consent),
and subsequently letting it fall into the hands of the bad guys. This is
your personal information; name, address, social security number, credit
card number, and more.

Data Loss is a mail list that covers topics such as news releases
regarding large-scale data loss, data theft, and identify theft incidents.
Discussion about incidents, indictments, legislation, and recovery of lost
or stolen data is encouraged.

Currently, mail list traffic is considered fairly low. This is a moderated
list.