funsec mailing list archives

Re: Cyberattackers can exploit Pentium self-defense

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 23:55:14 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Don Kennedy wrote:

From: http://www.fcw.com/article94004-04-07-06-Web&RSS=yes

  Computers with Intel Pentium processors can be hijacked through a
built-in mode designed to protect the processor’s motherboard, said Loïc
Duflot, a security engineer and researcher for the scientific division
of France’s Central Directorate for Information Systems Security.

Oh my god! So if a hacker runs a blowlamp on my motherboard, he'll be able
to get unauthorised access to my operating system!

What should I do to guard against this, is there a product or service I
can get from the "Central Directorate for Information Systems Security"?