funsec mailing list archives

Re: Cyberattackers can exploit Pentium self-defense

From: Don Kennedy <zoverlords () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:02:03 -0700 (PDT)

Well, here is some additional information, and put dow those RAZOR Blades will ya! :P

  http://blog.ncircle.com/archives/2006/04/cansecwestcore0_13.htm

  http://www.intel.com/technology/comms/download/system_integrity_services.pdf

From: http://www.fcw.com/article94004-04-07-06-Web&RSS=yes

Computers with Intel Pentium processors can be hijacked through a
built-in mode designed to protect the processor’s motherboard, said Loïc
Duflot, a security engineer and researcher for the scientific division
of France’s Central Directorate for Information Systems Security.

Oh my god! So if a hacker runs a blowlamp on my motherboard, he'll be able
to get unauthorised access to my operating system!

What should I do to guard against this, is there a product or service I
can get from the "Central Directorate for Information Systems Security"?