funsec mailing list archives

RE: AOL Charged With Blocking Opponents' e-Mail

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:46:28 -0400

 but what if the consumer doesn't want ANY advertisement e-mail, even from those companies that have paid the toll to
go through?  Maybe that's why I don't have an AOL email address that I use :-)

Hmmmm, if I was a spammer I'd be all for this system, heck I'd be very happy to pay AOL to allow my spam to go through
onto AOL's email users unfiltered.  The few thousand that they charge is sure to be a drop in the bucket compared to
the potential revenue....

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580