funsec mailing list archives

Re: An OCR plug-in for Spamassassin

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:09:10 +0100 (BST)

That could be worth millions to connoisseurs of fine spam art one day.

From:                   "Gary Funck" <gary () intrepid com>
Date sent:              Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:16:15 -0700

DrSolly wrote:
Entropy increases. Eventually, spammers will be pumping out
totally incomprehensible data to totally incomprehending
consumers. A bit like James Joyce, really.

Yes, and then we'll call it art. <g>

Heck we already do.  Haven't you seen the "found poetry," made up of
subject lines of spam as they arrive in the inbox?

Why do you use subject lines for that? What about the text itself in
spam mails?

Here's a little piece I call "Gmail 20060416 14:17 PDT"

I call my sample "0x55510644.adsl.cybercity.dk, Sat, 15 Apr 2006
06:04:19 +0200":

"push button. sauteed potbellied tuft... who're soap opera the
implementation, this carelessness casualness of

lump sum the unconventional, and on thank!!! tumble in of that

cliffhanger tabloid, the topple
fruitlessly fraternize, to clipping outwards gallantly. of but summary
continuation to characterize in of stalwart a as!!! safari, by adversity
daylight saving time, gifted.: of improbably as seasoning
weather forecast midriff, as invigorate spine molten:
snuff ophthalmologist hung firmness? heliport south befell with retread
of crevice, UN as longing,. this Reverend as as insolvency influx
kindness of"

Regards,
Axel Pettinger